Problem loading new code

marcoc

Problem loading new code

Post by marcoc »

Hi everybody,
I had to stop using RA for quite a while as I had to move to a new house. So I had been without my tank for a couple of years. Now I am ready to start again, but I have lost some confidence with the controller.
I am trying to upload a new code as I have to set the LCD screen on a new controller board.
I compile the code and it seems ok. When I try to upload, however, I get an error message: "Serial port COM0 not found. Check port in Tools -> Serial port"
The fact that "Serial port" in "Tools" is grey (not active) makes me think that the USB-TTL converter cable is not recognized by the Controller.
What can be the reason? Could the cable be damaged? How can I possibly check if this is the case?
I thank you all guys for your precious help.
Marco
mav3rick478

Re: Problem loading new code

Post by mav3rick478 »

What ports are showing available?
marcoc

Post by marcoc »

To make sure it does not depend on the PC, I have tried to install the application on another PC. At some point, the installation SW says: "Please make sure your USB-TTL Converter cable is NOT plugged in before continuing ...". Then at the next step is says: "Please connect your USB-TTL cable now in any available port." So I plug in the cable and I hear a recognition sound from the PC, but no message appears that the hardware is installed and ready to use. I anyway I click on the Next button, it says: "No ports were found, please check if your cable is properly plugged in and ..."
It seems that the cable is NOT recognized. Is there a direct way to check if the cable is working or not? Could I check pin connections or does it hold some electronic components inside the USB plug? Thanks.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Check device manager on windows
Roberto.
marcoc

Post by marcoc »

I have checked. When I plug in the converter cable into a USB port of the PC, I can see in the device manager that it appears "FT232R USB UART" under "Other devices", but with a small exclamation mark (!) warning icon. If I click on it it shows "drivers have never been installed - code 28". If I try to update drivers, it cannot find them.
This very same occurs on both PCs I have tried.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
marcoc

Post by marcoc »

Yeesss!! It works now! I could upload the new code. Thank you very, very much!
Marco