Wifi problems

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
alexwbush

Wifi problems

Post by alexwbush »

It seems my wifi module is forever having trouble connecting. Once connected, the client software has no problem connecting, but for whatever reason throughout the day my wifi keeps disconnecting. It's possible the signal isn't strong enough. None of my other computers, cell phone, or ipod have trouble connecting. What kind of adapter is it?

Right now the green LED is flashing quick... which I believe indicated problems with IP. It has a dedicated IP address out of the range of other computers, so I don't think there is an IP conflict.
rimai

Re: Wifi problems

Post by rimai »

Make sure you enabled the timeout settings according to instructions in the manual.
It looks like your wifi attachment is not disposing of the connection or something is keeping the connection open.
If you enabled timeout, it will always drop it when it idles for that many seconds. You can set to 3s or even 1s.
Roberto.
alexwbush

Re: Wifi problems

Post by alexwbush »

that might be the problem. I was having trouble talking to the wifi module when I just reset it, so I skipped the steps with terra-whatever program. I'll have to look at it again when I get home.