Meanwell D drivers?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
rimai

Re: Meanwell D drivers?

Post by rimai »

Yes. It will always be 100%, but if you want a little less, you could adjust the internal trimpot or use a lower voltage power supply, like 5V.
Roberto.
08trdoffroad

Post by 08trdoffroad »

That might be a workable solution to use the 48p until I get my RA. I just don't want to spend $300 plus on LED's and not be able to use them once the fixture is built.
rufessor

Post by rufessor »

Sorry so late... I know your also in UT... and we have talked a bit about this. If you have any questions please PM me on our local club and I will help you out however I can. I have gone through everything your worried about and can explain how it all works and what to watch for etc etc as well as how to get some sweet setups going on you controller and PWM expansion module when you order it. GO FOR IT>!

And welcome to the Reef Angel Club. when you buy it
davelee

Post by davelee »

sorry to hi-jack this thread a little but....

im also a little confussed now... haha

so im about to buy my dimmable drivers soon, and will be puchassing the RA + expansion when ive saved also prb next month, so which drivers do you guys use? P? D? or other brand/type more compatable?

Cheers, Dave
rimai

Post by rimai »

P doesn't need signal conversion and is a digital type of signal
D would need conversion and it uses analog type of signal, but you can buy the PWM-to-Analog lead wire that converts the signal for you.
Other brands would work too.
Roberto.
davelee

Post by davelee »

thank you for clearing that up mate, much appreciated.