Relay Expansion Modules

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
alexwbush

Re: Relay Expansion Modules

Post by alexwbush »

It worked! I can now control with client! I will work on programming this week to make these relays fully useful. Thanks for all the support!

My web banner with the expansion modules aren't showing status correctly. If I remember right I'll need to define them in the pde for the text to show up correctly, but how do I get it to show status correctly? I've got 5-6 on my relay box on using the client, but it shows none of the expansion relays as on.

rimai

Post by rimai »

You will have to wait for Dave to catch up with the changes.
He needs to modify some things in the client app.
Roberto.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Just added this to the list for the next version. Should be pretty easy to implement. Thanks for the suggestion.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

oops... just posted in the other web banner. Is there any way to make the expansion banner work? I haven't seen it function fully.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Today, I don't believe there is an automated way for you to do it just yet. I know it's not built into my Client, and I don't think Curt has it working in the libraries yet, either. If you have the Wifi adapter, you could enable the web banner feature and then modify the query string that gets sent over to the website for your banner. Curt would be able to tell you more about that, though.
binder

Post by binder »

dmolton wrote:Today, I don't believe there is an automated way for you to do it just yet. I know it's not built into my Client, and I don't think Curt has it working in the libraries yet, either. If you have the Wifi adapter, you could enable the web banner feature and then modify the query string that gets sent over to the website for your banner. Curt would be able to tell you more about that, though.
Correct. I was looking at this last night and testing some stuff to see what it would entail. It does increase the PDE size with more data being sent. The strings alone for the additional relay box increases the code size by approximately 152 bytes (give or take a few depending on how long the strings are). Not sure how much additional size would be involved with sending the extra data. I'm thinking not much with what has to be added but I can't say for certain without testing.

It would also require modifying the code that triggers sending the data from the wifi module. Ideally it would be added into the libraries but a good, scalable solution is eluding me currently so adding it to the PDE file would be the best solution for you right now. I don't have an example worked up for you, but can if you are interested.

curt
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

I stopped using the wifi module when it would always use connection, so now I run off of another computer that broadcasts via the client. I'd be willing to look into modifying the code if you guys aren't releasing anything soon. I know Dave's client just incorporated expansion modules. It's a shame it doesn't broadcast the expansion modules relay status (hint hint Dave, I can test for you if you release a change that fixes this). I suppose I don't really need to know the status of the expansion modules, it's just a nice to have.