Newbie question on lights

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
psyrob

Newbie question on lights

Post by psyrob »

This question may really make me look like a noob, but where in the pre-loaded software menu on the controller do I set up my on/off light schedule for my actinics and standard lights??? I cant find it!!
I just received my reefangel, and I found the wave maker on the standard menu on the controller, but I cant find where to set the on/off time for my lights...
rimai

Re: Newbie question on lights

Post by rimai »

Dawn and Dusk
Roberto.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

OK, I know that succinct reply makes sense to you, but it doesn't to me...If I set the on time as dawn, say 9 am, and the dusk time as 9 pm, how does that set my actinics to come on at one time and my 10000Ks to come on at another? I want my actinics to come on at 9 am, my daylights to come on at noon, my daylights to go off at 7 pm, and my actinics to go off at 9 pm...I only see an on time for dawn and an off time for dusk, does that set just the actinics on and off? Where do I set the other lights, the 10000Ks?
rimai

Post by rimai »

It won't.
The pre-loaded code is very basic and only offers one schedule, where the actinics turn on/off 30minutes later/earlier.
If you would like to get your lighting system to work on the schedule you posted above, I would recommend you use the RAGen to create a more elaborate code for you.
Please look at this thread:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60
Roberto.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

OK, thanks...I used RAGen to do this, but one problem I had was Adurino kept saying the sketch was too big to upload...I had to turn off the "date/time" set up to have enough memory to do this schedule....It doesn't seem that the file should have been so big, I just set the on off times and wavemaker times, and yet it was too big...
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah... With the development of such a great work that Curt has done, we ran out of memory for date/time setup. It takes quite a bit of space.
But, the good thing is that you can easily sync it with Client or the upcoming Reef Angel Status App that Curt is working on right now.
Also, all the memory settings can be set by using the Client, including your lighting schedule.
Roberto.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Roberto: Hey, we are communicating in two different threads, I am having trouble getting the Client to get data from the controller...and when I use RAGen to program the wavemakers, the relays stopped going on and off!! Now one pump stays on constantly while the other is off always...the relays would work on and off in the demo software, but not when I uploaded the settings for on and off wavemakers from RAGen...are his RAGen port numbers the same as the socket numbers listed in the manual?
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Roberto:

Never mind!!! I figured it all out and all is working!!! I have the lights the way I want them, and the client is receiving data!! THis is great! Long live ReefAngel!!
rimai

Post by rimai »

Woo!!!
Nice :)
Roberto.
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

psyrob wrote:Roberto:

Never mind!!! I figured it all out and all is working!!! I have the lights the way I want them, and the client is receiving data!! THis is great! Long live ReefAngel!!

What did you do to get the lights working? I want to set mine so the 10k come on at one time and the Actinic come on at another. Do you set one of the lights as MH and the other as standard?
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
binder

Post by binder »

wolfador wrote:
psyrob wrote:Roberto:

What did you do to get the lights working? I want to set mine so the 10k come on at one time and the Actinic come on at another. Do you set one of the lights as MH and the other as standard?
Yes, that's what you can do. Even though it may be labeled as MH or Standard, they both function the same. The only difference is that MH has the ability for a delay.

curt
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

What Curt said...I plugged my actinics into the relay that goes with "Standard" and my 10000Ks into the relay that goes with "Metal Halide"...I changed the names to Actinic and Daylights on the Client Software, so it is less confusing...I wish there was a way to change the MH label on the RAGen or the Memory page of the Client, but that is no biggie...On thing Roberto recommended was to only plug the lights into the relay, not a power strip with the lights/fans into a single relay...
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

I got the lights working thanks, I ended up just coding them in the pde. I need to have 4 light timers setup so I can run the 10K, Actinic, Fuge Light and Moon Lights.

Working nicely. Thanks for the help.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation