Temp sensors error out

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
agentgreen

Temp sensors error out

Post by agentgreen »

It seems after I enabled WDT (watchdog) every day my 2 temp probes error out and stop sensing the temperature.

I notice this happens on the client and banner because they both read 0. When I get home from work, both sensors show ERROR on the controller.

I reset the controller and things are fine for a while, and then they drop out again.

Any ideas?
agentgreen

Re: Temp sensors error out

Post by agentgreen »

Here is a screen shot of the Client, you can see the multiple drops since Monday.
Attachments
temp probe.jpg
temp probe.jpg (96.19 KiB) Viewed 4504 times
rimai

Post by rimai »

Did you always have 2 probes connected?
It could be that one of the probes may be defective.
Can you try using just one probe for the time being? If it does cause the problem, swap with the other one. What we are trying to find out is which one is malfuntioning if any.
Roberto.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

I've had the 2 temp probes for a while now.

I will disconnect one and see what happens.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

This just happened again, and it coincided with my metal halides coming on. They come on at 3pm, and as soon as they did, I got warnings about temperature. Checked the client and the temp gauges are at 0.

Wonder why this all of a sudden popped up.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Just wanted to give an update to this.

I talked to rimai in PM about this and he felt it was due to my Icecap ballasts. For some reason, when the MHs came on, the temp sensors were erroring out.

He sent me a new modified board right away. I got the board, put it in the controller and re-uploaded my PDE.

I'm happy to say, it's now 3:18pm EST, 18 minutes after my MHs came on, and my temp probes are still reading appropriately.

Thanks a lot rimai!