Why does my RA go into feeding mode randomly

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
javisaman

Re: Why does my RA go into feeding mode randomly

Post by javisaman »

I tried switching the ports as well, though it was less frequent it still did happen. I remember a while back there being an issue with usb noise on the expansion hub causing the system to periodically shut down.
modulok

Post by modulok »

So for me all signs point to the RF module. Every time I unplug it I don't get any mysterious Feeding Modes. Can this be updated? Roberto I have the firmware that makes the RF module reset all the time. Probably flashed that around October.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can you try the original one?
Attachments
update.zip
(408.13 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Roberto.
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

Any ideas?
I just installed my unit and getting random feed mode
Fresh install
Rf module

I took everything off feed mode
Could it be that I have my vortech WES's plugged into relay box? Should these be plugged into wall?
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

Just to update:

I took the advice and plugged the USB side of the RF module into the side of the expansion module. Two days now and there is no random feed mode happening anymore. Both pumps are plugged into relay box and everything seems to be OK now? Solution who knows but it is working properly.
modulok

Post by modulok »

Didn't update the RF unit yet, but tried other usb ports in the expansion hub. I even have the Vortech pumps turned off and I am still having the issue.
javisaman

Post by javisaman »

Haven't looked at this thread in a while. I'm trying one of the usb ports on the side (2 usb ports) of the expansion module. One thing I noticed is wiggling the connector on the RF module causes all of the relays to go beserk, if I wiggle the other end of the usb port (on the expansion hub) nothing happens. There is something very fishy with this RF module. It maybe a bad cable and I can see what happens when I replace it. But it is definitely the RF module/usb that causing this issue.
Amos Poh

Post by Amos Poh »

i would agree that is has to be something to do with the RF module, every time when the controller goes berserk first thing i will check is the RF module connection.

Any idea how to solve this?
modulok

Post by modulok »

Has anyone ever figured this issue out? I still get random feeding modes happen throughout the day. I have just switched the feedmode ports to my unused ports, but it would be nice to work correctly.