pH probe shocking tank?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
fatman

Re: pH probe shocking tank?

Post by fatman »

I have the same drivers you have and when I unplug them the voltage in the tank drops to zero. I'm going to try moving them and if that doesn't work I'll convert over to LDD drivers.
Gugs Jr

Post by Gugs Jr »

So this weekend I tried unplugging every item one at a time and there was still a small shock. I'm going to try again with a multi-meter to try and pin point what could be causing it.
meadowsad

Post by meadowsad »

I just created a similar thread earlier today, I thought I was the only one with this issue so I didn't even look through the forum.

I unplugged everything and noticed the same problem. I went as far as unplugging everything and moving the head unit and relay box to another outlet on another wall. I hooked up the pH probe and stuck it in a glass of water and still got a small shock. I am getting a multimeter tomorrow as well, I'm curious to see what you find out.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Mine was my LEDs with Meanwell ELN 60-48P drivers. None of the cords was touching the tank, the outlet was not going through the relay box, just the driver signal from my PWM port on the relay box. Unplugged it and it went away. I have since moved it to a dimming expansion model, but haven't had time to see it that helped.

Fat
Gugs Jr

Post by Gugs Jr »

fatman wrote:Mine was my LEDs with Meanwell ELN 60-48P drivers. None of the cords was touching the tank, the outlet was not going through the relay box, just the driver signal from my PWM port on the relay box. Unplugged it and it went away. I have since moved it to a dimming expansion model, but haven't had time to see it that helped.

Fat
That seems odd that the LEDs would do this. I'm wondering if there is another way to wire them up.

I went with the reef angel so that I wouldn't have to change my drivers.
joaocdestro

Post by joaocdestro »

I have these same issues, ph probe and Meanwell, did you found the issue?
Regards,
Joao C. Destro
saf1

Post by saf1 »

What exactly was the stray voltage related or isolated to?

Only reason why I'm asking is because I was going to order a pH probe replacement and set it back up. I am using a pair of multi chip LED's with each using a pair of MeanWell LDD's and power supply. They are connected up to the expansion hub but I am using the relay box Daylight/Actinic ports for my R4's Jebao.

Would hate to introduce voltage or whatever it is doing. I would hate to shock or hurt a family member while away on travel when they feed the tank for me. I'm sure I'd get the mother of all molly whoppin's when I entered the door even if I got picked up at the airport - lol.