Time keeps changing

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
knapp870

Time keeps changing

Post by knapp870 »

So I recently started using the android app instead of iOS app and my controller time keeps updating to the incorrect date/time. I will also mention that some water spilled on it recently, but I don't necessarily think that is the issue. I will set the date/time from the app or the portal and sometime later I will notice my halides are on when they shouldn't and the controller says that it is like 12/41/40 at 5:53!? This is happening multiple times a day and driving me crazy. Any ideas? Thanks!
rimai

Re: Time keeps changing

Post by rimai »

I doubt this is related to the app.
This sounds like a head unit problem when it tries to sync with the real time clock chip.
Did the water get into the board?
Roberto.
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

Believe so. I had to take the cover off and let it all dry with temp probes and ph probe unhooked before they would read accurate.
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

So the fix would be to replace the whole board!? :(
rimai

Post by rimai »

That's what sounds like.
Can you see water damage in any of the traces?
Roberto.
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

It's hard telling. Nothing super evident I don't think. I'll be honest I have been a little disappointed with the durability of this unit. So far I have 2 ports that don't work in my relay box due to water and/or salt creep and it makes a horrendous noise like something is shorting every once in awhile. Somewhat worried it's a fire risk. Then, this head unit continually having water issues. I know we can't easily make it waterproof...but these things are for saltwater aquariums. :(