Installation Woes

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
rongateb

Installation Woes

Post by rongateb »

Team Reef Angel Forum,
I am a new member with a Brand New Reef Angel Plus. I downloaded the Arduino files to install on my PC/Laptop.

I get as far as the screen to connect my USB cable. Once I do that, I do not get to the next screen where it should list the ports and my hardware has been successfully installed. I've used all my ports, I've tried downloading the drivers from my Control Panel, I've restarted, redownloaded, uninstalled, reinstalled all to no avail.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Please help!

Thanks,
- Ron in SoCal
rimai

Re: Installation Woes

Post by rimai »

Just keep moving forward. Maybe the usb cable drivers are already installed.
If you go to device manager, do you have any yellow question mark?
Roberto.
rongateb

Post by rongateb »

rimai wrote:Just keep moving forward. Maybe the usb cable drivers are already installed.
If you go to device manager, do you have any yellow question mark?
Roberto, yes I've tried moving forward but it does not recognize a port. Yes, in Device Manager, there is a yellow exclamation point or question mark next to the device.

Help
rongateb

Post by rongateb »

Hey Roberto, I tried to install again this morning and no go. I waited 30 minutes at the, "Install USB cord and wait until the drivers install..." message and decided to move on. Everything was fine, until I hooked up the control module. The computer was unable to find it. I went into Device Manager and the yellow question mark is there. I attempted to install the drivers from that screen and no drivers were able to be found.

Is this a recurring issue? I tried searching the forum and could not find this specific problem.

I've already installed all the hardware and it looks techy and well laid out on my stand. My office people commented on ow well laid out and neat the area looked. Most power centers are a birds nest of wires and power strips. Now I just need the Reef Angel to work. That will be the REAL show stoppper...other than my tank.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
rimai

Post by rimai »

This is the latest drivers directly from the manufacturer website.
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM ... tified.exe
See if this driver gets installed.
Roberto.
rongateb

Post by rongateb »

OK, Thanks.

I will give it the ole college try on Monday. I left the office after my last failed attempt.

I will keep you posted.

-Ron
rongateb

Post by rongateb »

Cha - Ching!

That did the trick. I downloaded the new drivers and, VOILA!, the rest of the install went smooth as silk!

Thanks Roberto!