Bus Lock? What is it an how do I clear it?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Sacohen

Re: Bus Lock? What is it an how do I clear it?

Post by Sacohen »

It means exactly what it says. The system bus on the unit is locked and no changes can be made to the relays from anything, the app or the portal.

It is a symptom of something not working correctly.

In my case the USB Expansion Hub doesn't work.

If you have multiple expansion modules disconnect them all and plug one at a time directly into the USB port on the relay and see which one causes it to lock up again.
OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

Bus lock scares the s... out of me. I had the same issue. The expansion hub gets stuck. The only way to clear the bus lock was installing a remote controlled switch to turn the whole system off and restart.
Thanks
Onur

wideawake

Post by wideawake »

Mine was due to the RF module. Plugged it out and the bus lock went away. It's been a week since I had any incidents.

I haven't plugged the RF module back in. Maybe try it out during the weekends when I'm not around. But I'm glad my initial suspect that my relays went bad wasn't true.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

wideawake wrote:Mine was due to the RF module. Plugged it out and the bus lock went away. It's been a week since I had any incidents.

I haven't plugged the RF module back in. Maybe try it out during the weekends when I'm not around. But I'm glad my initial suspect that my relays went bad wasn't true.
Apparently there is a fix for the RF modules and this issue...
lnevo wrote:Bus lock is no good. I had an issue with it a few weeks back and my calcium doser got stuck on. When you're in that state, everything will be locked up including all the relays. I put the bus lock patch on my RF module and have had no issues since... knock on wood..