Ph drops when jeabo wave maker turned on

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
SlimyEel

Post by SlimyEel »

I am looking for assistance with my pH probe. I recently calibrated the pH probe to 7 and 10, then after calibration and reboot of the controller confirmed that the pH read 7 and 10 in both standards.
However I noticed that the calibration seemed to have drifted. I checked for current leak by turning off individual components. Although I was originally suspecting the skimmer, turns out it is the jeabo wm.
It is causing the ph to go from 8.3-8.4 and drop to 6.7

Question is what should I do to resolve this issue? Is it a grounding issue with the wave maker? Or should I calculate for the electrical interference and manually play with the pH calibration to correct for the interference.

Thanks for any assistance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lnevo

Re: Ph drops when jeabo wave maker turned on

Post by lnevo »

That's a pretty big drop. I used to drop around .2 from my skimmer pump. I would look to replace the jaebo honestly. Can't be good.
SlimyEel

Post by SlimyEel »

I just tested it one more time and found that the drop is 8.3 to 7.7
I could not get the extreme I noticed last night to consistently repeat.
I am using the reef angel control for the wm. Didn't know if that had anything to do with it.

SlimyEel

Post by SlimyEel »

This is the first time experiencing an electrical leak in an aquarium situation. Just didn't know what implications it would have and how I could fix it

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkImage
SlimyEel

Post by SlimyEel »

I disconnected the jebao wm from the RA and reconnected the jebao to the oem controller and disconnected my RA jebao cable from the dimming port.
So far ph has stabilized to 8.4 and is solid. I confirmed accuracy with a API test kit. I will monitor to ensure this is the permanent solution.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?