Question about dimming voltage

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
BigEZ

Question about dimming voltage

Post by BigEZ »

Hello everyone.

Back when I ordered my RA the LEDS that I had could be dimmer with a 0-5V pwm signal so that's what I have now. However I got new lights that work with a 0-10V analog dimming signal recently. I figured out how to switch the jumpers around to change the signal from pwm to analog however I'm a litthe lost when it comes to bumping the voltage output to 10 volts. Does anyone have any advice oh how to go about doing this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
rimai

Re: Question about dimming voltage

Post by rimai »

Sorry, I did not quite understand.
Did you order a modified relay box with 0-5V PMW and you now want to change to 0-10V analog?
Roberto.
BigEZ

Post by BigEZ »

rimai wrote:Sorry, I did not quite understand.
Did you order a modified relay box with 0-5V PMW and you now want to change to 0-10V analog?
You've got it. That's what I'm trying to do.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think the easiest way is to just get a new relay box or get one of the dimming expansion modules.
Roberto.
BigEZ

Post by BigEZ »

rimai wrote:I think the easiest way is to just get a new relay box or get one of the dimming expansion modules.
If I got the relay expansion module and swapped the 10v relay for the 5v as the primary relay would that work? That way I can use the 10v to run the lights and the 5v as the expansion relay. I don't really need the functionality that the dimming module would give as i'm only controlling 4 lights and if I am remembering correctly you can control 4 drivers off of 1 dimming port. If i'm completely wrong let me know.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Correct. The relay box can just be swapped out.
Roberto.