RA not found on COM5

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
ahmedess

Re: RA not found on COM5

Post by ahmedess »

okay i did that and it said it was done successfully the red led is blinking none stop is that okay? also i tried uploading internal memory sketch and i got the same error again. could there be something wrong with the section we need to add to the boards.txt file?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, the non-stopping blinking happens everytime you burn a new bootloader.
When you upload you first code, it will stop that.
Does the controller reboot when you click upload button?
You will notice that the controller stops blinking for a quick second when it's rebooted.
You can see exactly how it looks like if you press the push button right next to the ISP header you connected the programmer to. That push button is a reset button.
Does it work if you push that button right when you see the first "avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] " shows up on the screen?
Roberto.
ahmedess

Post by ahmedess »

when i burn the old bootloader it blinks three times then goes off of a sec repeatedly. with the new bootloader its different it keeps blinking non stop.

When i click the upload the controller does not reboot. it doesnt even work when i press the reset button as you said
ahmedess

Post by ahmedess »

it turns out I had to regenerate a new internal memory file using ragen to make it upload. I was trying to upload the old internal memory sketch i was using on the old bootloader and that was why it didnt work.
ahmedess

Post by ahmedess »

just so that i get a better understanding I would like to know why i have to regenerate new sketches after updating the bootloader for the uploading process to work, if the old files compiled just fine?
rimai

Post by rimai »

So, you mean that if you generate new sketch, it works and if you use existing ones, it doesn't?
I've never heard of this one. Makes me curious why too. There is no logic behind it.
Roberto.
ahmedess

Post by ahmedess »

Yes exactly what happens. I keep getting this msg:

Code: Select all

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: Send: Q [51]   [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
it seems to be the reason behind all my troubles in this thread