New RA + Issue?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
ravenzme

New RA + Issue?

Post by ravenzme »

Hello, just received my new RA+ earlier this week. Having a real difficult time with the unit due to the joystick operating very strangely. The stick is very touchy, and just about every time I touch the thing it puts me into feed mode or jumps to a random menu.

Not sure if this is how it is supposed to work or not, but has been extremely frustrating to try to set everything up. Multi-channel water extension impossible to calibrate with the way this thing is acting up. Is this a normal behavior of the joystick, or do I have a defective unit?

Thank you for any advice or help which can be offered.
ravenzme

Re: New RA + Issue?

Post by ravenzme »

I do have the Wifi Attachment working successfully, and have been successful setting up things either through wifi or direct code loading. Work around to the bad joystick through either of these methods?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, sounds like a bad joystick.
PM if you want to send it back for repair.
Roberto.
ravenzme

Post by ravenzme »

Roberto thank you for the quick reply. I would rather not take the route of repair just yet. Any possible work arounds to using the joystick in code or over wifi? Also using Android app, and had a little success uploading the memory locations for the water levels.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can send the calibration numbers using the android app or the internal webserver
Do you know the numbers that you need to enter?
Here are the wifi commands we can use:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1541
Roberto.
ravenzme

Post by ravenzme »

Thank you Roberto. If I update the memory locations, will they remain after power outage? (Going to assume yes, as that's where values are stored during calibration, correct?)

No, unable to get numbers from the unit due to joystick issue, but reading the water level memory values, and adjusting - back to my app to read outputs, rinse, repeat. Enough options available at this point to work around joystick issue. As long as unit operates, I am good :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Correct, it will persist even with power outage.
After you change the calibration numbers directly to the memory, you must reboot the unit for it to take effect.
Maybe that's why you didn't see any results.
Roberto.
ravenzme

Post by ravenzme »

Perfect, thank you! Back in business.