expansion module issue

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
billw

Re: expansion module issue

Post by billw »

rimai wrote:The RF needs to flash red when updating. It behaves the same as when you are updating your RA. It blinks red for several seconds.
The important thing is to remove then RF radio. Without removing the radio, the module will not update.
Make sure to edit the file and change the COM port to the same one you use to upload codes to RA.
Yes, I removed the Ecotech board (I found previous instructions and followed them using the RF update .zip file that you provided). I got multiple flashes when I plugged the module into the USB input, just nothing when downloading. Windows told me that COM3 was allocated to the USB bus and 4, 5 was bluetooth. For the heck of it, I tried all 3 With the same result.

I'll take another stab at it later this afternoon.
billw

Post by billw »

Finally, after an hour arm wrestling with windows (missing libusb0.dll error and others, none of which I got yestereday) I finally got the firmware update programmed. Sorry for the rant :mrgreen: . Now back to the problem at hand. I will replace both the RF module and the Salinity module via the expansion hub and see what happens.
billw

Post by billw »

The system has been stable over night with no failures. looks promising! Oddly enough (to me anyway not being overly familiar with the design of the system) the salinity probe has been producing a stable reading. With the exception of a few dropouts, it has held within a +/- 1 PPT range. Prior to this it was flopping all over the place. I was assuming it was a separate issue. All is well for the time being, I'll keep an eye on it. The timing is perfect as I am about ready to go to quarantine to begin stocking the new tank.

Thanks Roberto!
billw

Post by billw »

No failure for 2 days now. Firmware update appears to have fixed the problem!