another ATO question

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Civics14

another ATO question

Post by Civics14 »

Ok, so apparently one of the ATO float switches was bad and was leaking stray voltage, so I had to remove it and I'm working with only one switch while I have more shipped to me... (ordered 6!! LOL - only $1.30 a piece +free shipping, might as well have some back up and maybe use it for something more later)

So, the switch that was bad was the ATO high, so I removed it and left the ATO low.

I'm hoping I can get some clarification regarding this function since it doesn't seem to be triggering my ATO pump like it should:

ReefAngel.SingleATO(true,Port8,600,1)

Can someone explain to me what the "true" is for? I understand the remaining: Port8 activates, 600 sec timeout, not to occur more than once an hour.

I say it isn't working because I get up this morning (6am) and I see that my ATO Low port is green (I'm assuming that means active) but on my relay activity, I never seen port8 activated.
cosmith71

Re: another ATO question

Post by cosmith71 »

"true" means use the low ATO port.

The RA only sends relay data every five minutes. If the relay isn't on at that five minute mark, it won't show up. The Portal relay chart really isn't very good for things that aren't on very long (I think a fix for that is in the works).

How does your water level look? You can also try tripping the switch manually to see if the state changes.

--Colin
Civics14

Post by Civics14 »

Hi Colin,

The water was low, like if it never activated the port. I had to manually turn the port on for the 10 min and then turn it off (via iphone app).

Also, can you tell me if this function will run the pump for 10 min (600 sec) then turn off? Or will it only run until ATO Low is no longer active?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

It will run until ATO Low is not active, up to 10 minutes. After 10 minutes of running continuously, it will throw up an ATO timeout flag and shut down until it is reset.

--Colin
Civics14

Post by Civics14 »

Oh ok. Well that's good to know. I don't like the ATO constantly triggering (just personal preference) so is there any way to program that once ATO Low is triggered to run the pump for 10 min? Then as fail safe a time out set at 12 min & for this not to occur more than once an hour?

I'm using a Tom's Aqualifter pump, so at 3.5gph for 10 min., that's approximately .58 gallons of water.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

I'm sure there is, but it's more complicated than I care to tackle. :D

What's wrong with the regular ATO function?

--Colin
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The SingleATO function you had should do it... just change the timeout to 720. Need to figure out why the ATO did not trigger, but if it didn't reset the float switch you should have a timeout condition. Do you see a red light on your reefangel?
rimai

Post by rimai »

If you move the float with your hand, can you see it changing colors in the RA screen?
Roberto.
Civics14

Post by Civics14 »

Yes, if I move the float switch (moving the float away from the wires) it my ATO Low switches from red to green and vice versa. I thought from what Colin was saying that the pump only runs long enough to deactivate the ATO Low (change it from green to red).
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

It does only run long enough to trigger the float switch. The timeout is a failsafe. It won't run any longer than that, ever.
Civics14

Post by Civics14 »

Hmmm... I guess I can just raise the ATO Low switch and keep the same command and have it not trigger for more than once an hour.