Analog cable problem with Tunze pumps

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
meadowsad

Analog cable problem with Tunze pumps

Post by meadowsad »

I ran in to a weird issue today after I unplugged everything and plugged it back in. Basically my Tunze pumps aren't working correctly with the Tunze cables plugged in. If I unplug the cable the pumps work fine. As soon as I plug them in they don't work as expected.

If I set the pump speed to 100 the pumps work. Anything under 100 and they pulse very quickly. At 50 or below the pumps don't run at all. I checked all the connectors for salt creep and they seem ok. I opened up the relay box to inspect the inside and everything looks fine. I used a multimeter on the cables and the voltage on the cable seems right and isn't pulsing, at least not that I could tell.

I ran the Reef Angel Wizard and uploaded generic code and it does the same thing. I also tried different pump modes and the same thing happens on all modes.

I am not sure what else I should be doing here. I find it odd that both pumps are doing the same exact thing Any help would be appreciated!
rimai

Re: Analog cable problem with Tunze pumps

Post by rimai »

Were they working before you unplugged everything?
Roberto.
meadowsad

Post by meadowsad »

As far as I know. I can't say with 100% certainty but I am pretty sure they were working, I would have noticed the severe lack of flow.

When I unplugged everything I just zip tied some cables and rearranged them, I didn't change wall outlets or anything.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Were they connected to the relay box or dimming module?
Roberto.
meadowsad

Post by meadowsad »

They are connected to an analog Relay Box. Everything was put back exactly the way it was. Everything just happened to be unplugged for about 20-30 minutes.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You are positive that it is an analog relay box, right?
It does look like PWM signal trying to control your pumps, which are expecting analog signal.
Roberto.
meadowsad

Post by meadowsad »

I guess I'm not 100% sure. I assumed the app wouldn't work correctly to turn on/off the relays if I used the wrong box. Maybe I am just an idiot :lol: I will check this tonight when I get home.