Suggestions for new system, help a new guy out!

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
lnevo

Re: Suggestions for new system, help a new guy out!

Post by lnevo »

That works. I recommend checking the Chinese Blackbox LED Proof Group on Facebook. There are some great resources in the Files section for these lights and good detail on how to do the mod for controlability. Just using the timers is fine for starting.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Ah, I forgot the heater! Probably the most important use for a controller, IMHO. Do you use any sort of cooling fan?

What I do for feeding is I use an Eiheim auto feeder (built in timer) and then set the RA to go into feeding mode at the same time to shut off my return pump so the food doesn't go down the overflows.

I completely understand on the dosing pumps. That will take a lot of time and testing to get them dialed in.

The portal supports a webcam feed, too. :D

--Colin
CBRpilot

Post by CBRpilot »

lnevo wrote:That works. I recommend checking the Chinese Blackbox LED Proof Group on Facebook. There are some great resources in the Files section for these lights and good detail on how to do the mod for controlability. Just using the timers is fine for starting.
I'm a member of that facebook page, real good info there! I believe I should start with small steps, less of a chance of me jacking something all up.
CBRpilot

Post by CBRpilot »

cosmith71 wrote:Ah, I forgot the heater! Probably the most important use for a controller, IMHO. Do you use any sort of cooling fan?

What I do for feeding is I use an Eiheim auto feeder (built in timer) and then set the RA to go into feeding mode at the same time to shut off my return pump so the food doesn't go down the overflows.

I completely understand on the dosing pumps. That will take a lot of time and testing to get them dialed in.

The portal supports a webcam feed, too. :D

--Colin
that's the same thing I'm planning on doing with my auto feeder, although its a cheaper one.

I like the idea of a webcam...I can see who's fooling with my tank! :lol: