Temp probe issue, T1, T2, T3 moving around?!

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
meadowsad

Temp probe issue, T1, T2, T3 moving around?!

Post by meadowsad »

So I had a weird issue tonight. My T1 probe jumped up to 185 degrees and put the system in overheat mode, the head unit was frozen so I had to unplug it. All was good for a few hours and it did the same thing again. I figured it was a faulty temp probe so I changed it with an extra I had. This is when things got weird... On my head unit T1 was always in the middle T2 was on the right and T3 was on the left. If I plug in one temp probe in to the center the head unit shows it as T1. If I plug in a temp probe in to what I think is T2 it then shows up as T1 and the original T1 is now T2. If I add a third temp probe it shuffles things around again.

I am not sure if this is by design or something with a new firmware since I haven't had to mess with the temp probes in a long time. Not sure what I should be doing next!
rimai

Re: Temp probe issue, T1, T2, T3 moving around?!

Post by rimai »

Yes, temperature probes are not position specific.
They get assigned a unique ID by the manufacturer and we the probes get listed according to that ID.
Roberto.
meadowsad

Post by meadowsad »

I guess my next question is how to I get them to report the way that I want. My probes are different lengths and I want to make sure I get a specific one on T1 regardless of what other probes are installed.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can change which probe that controls the stuff instead of using only T1.
Roberto.
meadowsad

Post by meadowsad »

Ah ok, so just change it in the code and let the head unit assign whatever it wants? Makes sense if that's how it works.
rimai

Post by rimai »

In your code, there should be a line like this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.TempProbe = T1_PROBE;
Simply change it to whatever probe you want to use to control the heater/chiller.
You can use T1_PROBE, T2_PROBE or T3_PROBE
Roberto.