I think I fried my Head Unit...GRRRRRR

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
goisles1

I think I fried my Head Unit...GRRRRRR

Post by goisles1 »

Hi all,

Well... I screwed up.

I had a crazy weekend.. full of family activities..

Sat morning, my Son mentioned to me that he saw a lot of bubbles in the fish tank in my office. I of course knew this was due to my ATO reservoir being empty. I blindly filled the ATO with RO water and topped off the sump manually to bring it up to its normal level.

Watched the tank for a minute or so, cleared the ATO alarm on my RA+ and went on my way.

About 15 mins later.. my wife yells up to me that the tank is leaking....

Run down and confirm water on the office floor.. and all the pumps, lights, heater and the head unit were shutoff.

Turns out, too many bubbles in the overflow caused a siphon break and the tank overflowed. Water splashed on the ReefAngel as well as the relay box. After a few seconds, the GFI detected the ground fault and tripped the circuit which is why everything was off.

So here is where I stand:

I opened the head unit and could see some places where salt water was present. I cleaned it as best I could using Rubbing Alcohol.

When I boot the unit now, it appears to boot normally but I get a flashing RED LED. If I move left with the joystick, I get a BUS LOCK.

nothing turns on though on the relay box except the moonlights which are directly connected to the Relay.

I kind of want to know if the issue is the head unit (which I think it is) or the relay box.

I think I can just replace the RA+ board if needed.

Any ideas?
rimai

Re: I think I fried my Head Unit...GRRRRRR

Post by rimai »

That's what it sounds like.
Roberto.
goisles1

Post by goisles1 »

rimai wrote:That's what it sounds like.
OK..lol... Was hoping for a happier answer .. like.. "Oh don't worry you'll be fine. Saltwater and electronics go VERY well together :) "

I just placed an order for a replacement board (as well as some other goodies I've been eyeing).

Cheers
goisles1

Post by goisles1 »

Hi Roberto

Amazing service..

New RA+ board arrived in 2 days!! Postman handed me the box.. 10 mins later new board was installed, programmed and running my latest code!

I'm back in business!!

Thanks again
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Oh man, you should of let me know. I could have loaned you my test board. Glad Roberto got you all set!