Head Unit issues

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
ejn76

Head Unit issues

Post by ejn76 »

Alright so I just bought a used Reef Angel controller (I believe the Plus unit since it has a MEGA328P chip). When I first hooked it up everything seemed to be working fine with the pre-installed sketch; however it didn't know which outlet did what so I looked to reset it but couldn't connect to it via wireless. After downloading everything and messing with it for a while I was able to get the wireless setup. Now when I try to hook wireless up to the controller it's not working. The relays were working and now the LCD screen (Gen1) is not working (no backlight and nothing shows on it when I shine a flashlight on it). The power light lights green when I plug it in but nothing else. None of the relays click or anything. Is there anyway to factory reset the unit? I've searched but didn't find any instructions on how to do so. Is there some way to troubleshoot some of these this? When trying to connect to it via the usb-serial port I get an error saying it can't communicate with the device. I've tried both ports. Fairly sure it's on port 12 and I've tried the Reef Angel Plus controller (as well as the other two to rule that out). So where do I go from here?
rimai

Re: Head Unit issues

Post by rimai »

When you power it up, does the status LED blink three times?
Roberto.
ejn76

Post by ejn76 »

Hi Roberto,
No, it does not. Only the green power light comes on and stays lit. No other lights flash or come on.
rimai

Post by rimai »

There is something wrong then. It should blink status three times.
I think you will need to replace that head unit board.
Roberto.