using the pH exp. with a calcium reactor, Please help

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
dapg8gt

using the pH exp. with a calcium reactor, Please help

Post by dapg8gt »

I"ve decided to swap from 2 part to a calcium reactor and need some help. I"ve found some code binder wrote for controlling the c02 but I have a question on how to make it use the pH exp probe vs the standard one..I thought the wizard would include the coding for a solenoid but its not going to work from what it says ( only used for something that raises pH like Kalkwasser)

Here's what I have so far I hope someone is on tonight cause i ripped all my 2 part dosers off and now im screwed lol.. full blown sps tank dosing by hand is no fun.

Thanks in advance I'll keep searching the forums but ive been on for a while but have came up empty..

I have this in the loop section and it compiled fine..

ReefAngel.ShowInterface();

// If the PH falls below 6.40 then turn off port8 which contains the CO2,
// otherwise keep the port on
if ( ReefAngel.Params.PH < 640 )
{
ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port8);
}
else
{
ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port8);
}

Will this be controlled by both the main and exp? How do I differentiate what one tells it to stay on/off?

I switched some things in it to get where I want it but hoping i wont need to regulate it due to a cole parmer pump for the effluent but I need some sort of safety while I tune it..
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
dapg8gt

Re: using the pH exp. with a calcium reactor, Please help

Post by dapg8gt »

I found it i think .. Ill change to my port and my values.. ... 6.4 will be 640 correct?
if (ReefAngel.Params.PHExp < 780) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port1);
if (ReefAngel.Params.PHExp > 790) ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port1);
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

So I had it working fine and now I have no current pH readings.. Main pH says 1 and pH exp says a constant 6.99?

what gives i didnt change anything other than adding it to the relay expansion but even trying it back on the main relay leaves the same numbers? Once again I screwed something up that i cant tell if its hardware or something i coded..
void loop()
{
    ReefAngel.StandardHeater( Port1 );
    ReefAngel.DayLights( Port2 );
    ReefAngel.ActinicLights( Port3 );
    ReefAngel.ActinicLights( Port4 );
    ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn( Port6 );
    ReefAngel.CO2Control( Box1_Port8 );
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic( MoonPhase() );
    ////// Place your custom code below here

if (ReefAngel.Params.PHExp < 645) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Box1_Port8); //CO2 Switch
    if (ReefAngel.Params.PHExp > 675) ReefAngel.Relay.On(Box1_Port8); //CO2 Switch

So this new head unit (3 months old) is dead for pH . i cant get it to even work whatsoever.. i've swapped probes ( new) went with standard code no ph expansion , regardless of what i do its the same thing 1 on pH....pH exp 6.99..
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Put your pH probes in a cup of water and see if you get readings. If so, you have a voltage leak in your tank somewhere.

Low pH readings are a symptom of a voltage leak.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Also, these are redundant

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.CO2Control( Box1_Port8 );

if (ReefAngel.Params.PHExp < 645) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Box1_Port8); //CO2 Switch
 if (ReefAngel.Params.PHExp > 675) ReefAngel.Relay.On(Box1_Port8); //CO2 Switch
Try this:

ReefAngel.CO2Control(Box1_Port8, 645, 675, true);
The true means use the PHExpansion. I see we need another function to handle internal memory usage as well though.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

cosmith71 wrote:Put your pH probes in a cup of water and see if you get readings. If so, you have a voltage leak in your tank somewhere.

Low pH readings are a symptom of a voltage leak.

Thanks for the tip..I'll try it when I get home but I noticed nothing change on the probe reading when I was pulling it in and out of the water..

Funny thing is about the pH expansion is reading a constant 6.99 regardless of what is going on No change whatsoever ..

My,process was initially to use the wizard and then added the code above, all worked perfect except I wanted to change the gap between the numbers so the solenoid would open sooner..That's when everything went wrong with the readings ..I then tried basic code to rule out the pH expansion causing the issues and my main probe does nothing regardless ..The expansion will read 6.99 instantly once it's coded back in ,swapped the probes and still no go..

I'll do the cup trick when I get home to see where it leads me ...

And @ inevo I actually found your exact revised code in another thread and tried that last thing before I hit the sack last night with the same results as before..

I'll keep the thread posted on the outcome , looks like I'll be taking my RA from my kids tank to use on the big tank until this gets figuuntill out..thanks for all the support..
Last edited by dapg8gt on Tue May 26, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Aside from the code it definitely sounds like something's not working right with either the RA or the probes. Strange that both are dead though...