ATO Switch with RODI Unit

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
g6gang

ATO Switch with RODI Unit

Post by g6gang »

Right now I have the standard Reef Angel unit using two float switches. When lo it turns relay on that turns pump on in my RODI resovior. What I would like to do is somehow hook it up to be used inconjunction directly with the RODI unit, so that it just enabled RODI unit to be 'on' and auto top off the tank. So what do I need to make RA work as an Auto Shut off for RODI? So far what I have seen on BRS is using a Float Valve with an auto shut off valve that I connect to my RODI unit. Is this possible?
lnevo

Re: ATO Switch with RODI Unit

Post by lnevo »

You can use a float valve but that wouldn't help your RA know about the water level. You could use a float switch or you can use the water level sensor.

One thing you don't want to do is use a single float switch to enable/disable the ro/di unit. It's not good for the membrane and you will end up with higher tds than you should.

The WaterLevelSensor is great for that you can set the low and high percentage that you want the RO to turn on/off and then you can keep the float switches doing the ATO into your sump the way you are now.