Reef Angel Dying

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
rimai

Re: Reef Angel Dying

Post by rimai »

Yes, the dimming will just stay at the last known value until RA tells it to change.
I just changed my radio to the S1 instead of S1 Pro. I used the Pro just because it was the one I had connected to the RANet Add-On. I changed the time to just before 8pm and moved my box away from RA.
As I was writing this, I got the same behavior and I'm able to replicate every single time now, regardless of S1 or S1 Pro radio.
It only occurs as you mentioned... Just before 8pm.
Give me some time to troubleshoot now that I can replicate it. It is definitely code related, because if I change the time to 7:55pm, the behavior immediately stops.
Roberto.
hnnhflns

Post by hnnhflns »

Mine just started this evening with the relay clicking like crazy. We have 2 relays on only one of them is clicking, and it is the relay that controls all our lighting. The second relay is fine. I have reuploaded the code on the controller, reset the controller, and reset the relay box. The problem is still happening. I went to the online portal to check the individual plugs, and I have everything set to on or off, and now the lights aren't flashing, but the relay box is still clicking.

I have a second angel that is going to be for a second system, I tried putting the code on it, but it is a standard while the controller I am having an issue with is a plus.

I am going to try to write a new code in the morning and upload it to the angel. This has happened once before and we fixed it by simply re-uploading the code, but it isn't working this time.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Is the controller starting to fail? Is the relay going bad?
rimai

Post by rimai »

hnnhflns wrote:Mine just started this evening with the relay clicking like crazy. We have 2 relays on only one of them is clicking, and it is the relay that controls all our lighting. The second relay is fine. I have reuploaded the code on the controller, reset the controller, and reset the relay box. The problem is still happening. I went to the online portal to check the individual plugs, and I have everything set to on or off, and now the lights aren't flashing, but the relay box is still clicking.

I have a second angel that is going to be for a second system, I tried putting the code on it, but it is a standard while the controller I am having an issue with is a plus.

I am going to try to write a new code in the morning and upload it to the angel. This has happened once before and we fixed it by simply re-uploading the code, but it isn't working this time.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Is the controller starting to fail? Is the relay going bad?
Please open a new thread.
This issue we are working on this thread is only related to RANet wireless relay boxes and wireless dimming modules.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

GiraffeCat, thanks a lot for helping on troubleshooting this with me.
Please see this post for a firmware update:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5885
Roberto.