Looking for PWM specifications

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Mirror176

Looking for PWM specifications

Post by Mirror176 »

Starting my first RA+ PWM 'project'. Trying to modify my Marineland LED Single Bright to be dimmable instead of off/moonlight on/all on. What is the duty cycle min/max, frequency, and the current/wattage rating for the two channels?
Haven't found electrical specifications + connector types documented for the Reef Angel and modules so if it is out there and I missed it, I'd appreciate being pointed to it. Tried to look through eagle files which looks like it has jumpers for pwm/analog but haven't opened the unit to check; will I just be missing parts converting it to analog or are there two separate schematics somewhere?
rimai

Re: Looking for PWM specifications

Post by rimai »

The dimming signals only provide you with the signal. There are no drivers.
It can only source 40mA max.
Roberto.
Mirror176

Re: Looking for PWM specifications

Post by Mirror176 »

Should do fine for the <2mA draw of the power amplifiers I am building for it thanks to dad's help. Relocated 500hz to be the frequency on the signal per expanded reefangel main unit details page. Now I just need to figure out what 0% and 100% will look like on the signal output and if I am happy with or want to try to use a different PWM frequency.
Is there a way in the libraries already to calibrate the turn on/off points for lights in case of issues like appearing off before reaching 0% dimming so the actual % can logically treated as the 0 for the portal and other interfaces?