Tunze Osmolator

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
djbm3

Tunze Osmolator

Post by djbm3 »

I am new to the Reef Angel and wanted to know if the Tunze Osmolator is needed or overkill when using with the Reef Angel Plus.
The guy I bought the Reef Angel from has the Tunze Osmolator that he is willing to give me a deal on, but I was not sure if it is overkill with the RA.
I have been reading that with the Tunze Osmolator and the RA I can use the RA and float switches provided as a fail safe to the Tunze Osmolator overflowing the sump but I have also heard problems with the Tunze Osmolator pump not starting up.

Currently I have my auto top off gravity feed through a float valve and has worked well for me through the years.
Blend-FM.com Faded Friday's every Friday night at: https://www.stream.me/BlendFM

Kungpaoshizi

Re: Tunze Osmolator

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

I can't speak to the pump possibilities with the RA as I've yet to get mine but I know one key to success is redundancy :)
Got any pics of the gravity fed setup?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I have a gravity fed ato as well. I use the water level sensor to monitor my reservoir. Been working great since day 1.
djbm3

Post by djbm3 »

Kungpaoshizi it is a 3 gallon bucket with a bulk head on the bottom and a on/off valve connected to a float switch. This allows me to turn a 5 gallon water jug upside down on top of the 3g bucket... much like a water cooler. I typically only keep the 3g filled up.

Also Kungpaoshizi I saw that you said you were an "Avid" developer... do you mean Avid technologies? Or avid as in showing great enthusiasm? I have done R&D for Avid the company since 2009.
Blend-FM.com Faded Friday's every Friday night at: https://www.stream.me/BlendFM

Kungpaoshizi

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

Hehe, as in enthusiast :)

If I had the room I would go with a gravity fed setup, sure beats electronics.