Fyi Roberto (might need to change the wizard?)

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Kungpaoshizi

Fyi Roberto (might need to change the wizard?)

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

So last night I went to hookup my doser for alk.
Was going to backup the arduino sketch but didn't like the name. Changed it from 'sketch_24a' to 'Reef Angel Cont'.
I get a message saying it needs to be in a folder named 'reef angel cont'. I click ok, it creates a folder with that name and puts the sketch inside of it, all within the folder 'sketch_24a'. I try to open the INO file now, but all I get is the splash screen for the arduino, and then it closes, and a popup said something like 'failed to open'.
So I pull it out of the inner folder, put it back, rename it back to what it was, open and continue on my way.

Open it up, start the wizard.

Loads with pre-determined values from the code. I get busy with other stuff...
Somewhere along the way, I bump my usb port, I hear it become disconnected by the sound, then I hear the sound for usb being connected.

I didn't think anything of it.

That whole time, the wizard was up and running, still on the relay outlet I was working with for the doser. (awesome doser menu btw, much better than the apex)

I enter details, go through the rest of the wizard, generate and upload goes just fine.
I observe the doser running for 10 seconds on the hour, as intended.

Cut to work today, I get an overheat alarm text.

I check relay status for the day, and since I uploaded last night, the heaters have been always on, vs what I have coded, on at 76.6 and off at 77.2.
So the tank is at 78.2, no biggie.

But I do see the outlets are not responding to "auto" and seem to be staying off now.
I've been monitoring the last few hours, and in the portal, they show off. My girlfriend checked the tank at home, and the heaters are on still. (yet the temp shows my manual on/off must be doing something)

I'll copy the code when I get home, but I have the feeling either the attempted renaming screwed something up, or the usb disconnect + reconnecting fubar'd some code?

Anyone experience anything like this?
I'm planning to reset the RA to stock, and start with fresh code via the wizard.
I'm leaning towards it was the bumping the usb cable that did it, so I thought you might add something to the wizard Roberto in case that happens to anyone else. Perhaps if the device is removed, it closes the wizard and the INO sketch? Maybe that's too much, but obviously I did something and it's not working right. I've only ever used the wizard for the code with the exception of changing the T1 to T2 for overheat temp probe identifier.
Kungpaoshizi

Re: Fyi Roberto (might need to change the wizard?)

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

Ha, had my answer right in front of me. It's because I can't seem to get T1 probe to become T2. (bought a new longer one, but it's only t2 no matter how I plug them in)

ReefAngel.TempProbe = T2_PROBE;
ReefAngel.OverheatProbe = T2_PROBE;

is generated as T1_PROBE by the wizard despite the loaded sketch? (so the wizard saves the INO elsewhere?)
Anyone happen to know where that is?

Perhaps this would be something good to add to the wizard? "Please select your overheat/main temperature probe"
Or am I just a newb and this already exists? Ty :)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The order is determined by a serial number in the chip
Kungpaoshizi

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

Ahh that makes sense!
So I assume the edit of what I did is probably the easiest thing to do? (just have to remember to do it every new generation of code) tyvm!