Problem with Serial TTL port or cable.

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Sacohen

Problem with Serial TTL port or cable.

Post by Sacohen »

I have been having some problems with my neiw internet provider (Comcast) and th elast time I was on the phone with them they had me reset the router to factory specs.

This defaults the router to a 10.0.0.1 gateway.

So I tried running the WiFi Utility to re-configure the WiFi to 10.0.0.1 instead of 192.18.1.254 that it was with my old router,

The WiFi utility will not connect to the WiFi module on Port 3.

When I reformatted my PC (Windows 7) I never really installed the drivers and set it up to connect using the Serial TTL cable because I use the Bluetooth module.

So I uninstalled the RA software and tried to re-install it and after it installs the drivers and says to plug in the TTL cable to the unit and USB port and wait until the hardware is installed it never does that part.

The hardware never gets installed.

This makes me think that there may be and issue with the Serial TTL port or cable, because both of these procedures use the TTL port and cable and both don't work like they should.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the software and nothing changes.

Any suggestions?
rimai

Re: Problem with Serial TTL port or cable.

Post by rimai »

What do you see on device manager when you plug the cable?
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

When I plug in the cable it does show the FT232R UAB ART under Other Devices, but the install never associates the drivers with the device and never goes on.

If I try to go on with the install I get an error message of...

"No ports were found, please check if your cable is properly plugged in and click the Back button twice to repeat the driver installation process again.

I got it installed. When I plugged it in I clicked on it and choose update driver online (I think) and it found the drivers and finished the installation.

I setup the WiFi Utility and now I'm trying to reserve the IP address but I can't tell what the MAC Address is of the WiFi Module.

The other strange thing is that is gave me an IP out side of the IP range.
The Gateway is 10.0.0.1 but the WiFi was given an IP address of 10.1.10.XXX
rimai

Post by rimai »

mac address is on a label on top of the wifi chip
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Ok. Thanks.
I'm making progress with it.
I'm able to get the r99 data, but when I try to pull the internal server I can't login with the same username and password that allowed me into get the r99 data.

The Portal is working.

Still can't get the Android app to gather any data. Either Away or Home.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk