Changing parameters via web

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
KCReefer

Changing parameters via web

Post by KCReefer »

I use 3 dosing pumps and any time that I want to change the schedule for them, I have to physically connect my laptop to the controller and upload the code that has only changed 3 values. Does anyone know of a way to change dosing schedule from anywhere using the wifi module? Any help would be appreciated!
lnevo

Re: Changing parameters via web

Post by lnevo »

You need to switch to memory in the wizard instead of hard coded. Then you can change them in the portal.
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:You need to switch to memory in the wizard instead of hard coded. Then you can change them in the portal.
or from one of the apps. :lol:

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
KCReefer

Post by KCReefer »

Awesome! I've always been afraid to switch to in memory because of the warning that is stated that I will need external tools to update the code. If I store the code in memory, am I forced to use the portal (or other external tools) to make changes to my logic or would I be able to run the wizard again?
binder

Post by binder »

you can definitely run the wizard again if you wanted to change the memory values. it would be more tedious than the portal or app, but still doable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KCReefer

Post by KCReefer »

That definitely puts my mind at ease. Thanks! Do you have to send commands through api calls in the url or is there an interface in the portal to change scheduled values?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

In the portal under internal memory. Which mobile app are you usong.
KCReefer

Post by KCReefer »

awesome!

I am currently not using an app. I have an iphone and the last I heard is that authentication is not supported with the iphone app, so I have a shortcut on my home screen to point to the portal. I use the portal on my laptop for the most part.
binder

Post by binder »

yeah, you will be fine then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KCReefer

Post by KCReefer »

that was more painless than I thought. I can't believe I spent that long uploading code every time I wanted to change dosing schedules. Now I can start mixing some in code functions (shutting off skimmer when waste container is full, solenoid valve timers, etc) and I'm set. Thanks for your help