Unable to calibrate multi-water level expansion

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Piper

Unable to calibrate multi-water level expansion

Post by Piper »

Recently I've been having issues with my RA+ and trying to change settings and/or calibrate my multi-water level sensor. I've had random bus lock issues off and on in the past but for the last 6 months or so it's been very stable and no bus locks. Withing 3 - 5 seconds of going into the settings on the head unit, the joystick button locks up and the RA turns off several of the outlets on the first relay box. I can still navigate with the joystick (albeit very erratically) and the display shows the calibration values but it won't accept a button press to set the value. Cycling the SVGA cable will reset everything back to normal but I'm unable to change any settings short of reading the values and using the web interface to update the memory locations.

Things I've tried so far:

* Changed USB cables and re-checked all USB connections
* Tried several SVGA cables
* Removed all expansions and attachments and tried with the head unit and one relay (I did leave the RANet xbee in the head unit)
* Generated new code (very basic) with the wizard and uploaded.
* Tried with current/released libs
* Tried with most recent libs on GitHub
* Tried doing the HokeyPokey and turned myself around

Still no luck. I initially set the water level from the head unit without a problem but that was probably two years ago. Do I possibly have a bad/damaged RA+ board? Anything else I can try that I missed maybe?

~Charlie
rimai

Re: Unable to calibrate multi-water level expansion

Post by rimai »

Does it do that with the multi wl connected straight into the main relay box?
Roberto.
Piper

Post by Piper »

Yes. I tried that as well.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Does that only happen when you go into calibration?
Roberto.
Piper

Post by Piper »

It also does it in wave maker setup but not in pH calibration.
rimai

Post by rimai »

That is weird that it only does that when on some sort of setup screen.
It works normal when not on setup screen?
Roberto.
Piper

Post by Piper »

Yes, it works normal for the most part when I'm not in the setup screen. I've always had off and on problems with what I think are bus locks (red light has never turned on when a lock happens though) and outlets going all crazy but it's been stable for a good 6 months or better. I've attributed the bus locks to bad connections and/or cables as they problem usually goes away after re-seating everything. But again, I haven't had issues with that for several months. But I haven't tried to re-calibrate my water level sensor during that time either :)

Definitely a very strange issues and not one I've heard of or read about here on the forum. Because of that, my initial though was my code which is why I used the wizard to test new code. When that didn't work I started thinking the main board might be bad. What's odd there is that the pH calibration is working. I'm still stumped :/ I did manage to get it calibrated by getting the values off of the calibration screen and setting them from the web interface so all is working.