Using a waveline Return pump like a Vectra

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Lionfan

Using a waveline Return pump like a Vectra

Post by Lionfan »

I'm setting up a frag tank, and I have an extra Waveline 1200 to use on the system (I know, alot of flow)
Since I have the extra Waveline, I decided i was going to use it like a vectra, and have it ramp up and down through-out today. I figured i could just use the Dcpump class, and have it on Reef Crest.
I have the newer waveline that is Apex ready. It lets you plug in an Ethernet cord into the pumps head unit, and send it 0-10 voltage.
my two questions are:
1) Does anyone know which wires on the ethernet cord I need to plug into the RA?
2) Is there a way to set a minimum and max speed on the waveline? So that I can change speeds through out the day, and have it never go lower or higher than a certain speed?

this could be a good alternative to people that don't want to spend the money on a Vectra, but would like to use their RA with a DC pump to create the same effects.
Lionfan

Re: Using a waveline Return pump like a Vectra

Post by Lionfan »

Ideas anyone?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

ReefAngel.DCPump.Threshold=30;

That will set the minimum. We dont have an upper but you could easily add one by setting your speed to your desired setting. The other part we could use the tide class to set your variation and still allow you to select your mode. I'll write some code up this weekend.
Lionfan

Post by Lionfan »

lnevo wrote:ReefAngel.DCPump.Threshold=30;

That will set the minimum. We dont have an upper but you could easily add one by setting your speed to your desired setting. The other part we could use the tide class to set your variation and still allow you to select your mode. I'll write some code up this weekend.
thank ya Sir.
ya da man