Post by Kungpaoshizi »

So I've got the following setup:
Main Relay 1
Expansion Relay 1
Expansion hub
RLD
Buzzer

Controller head unit is PWM.
I can't exactly find clear instructions on how to add the 2nd outlet box. It's plugged into the expansion hub, which is plugged into the main outlet box.
I tried opening it up, I saw the jumpers were set to analog and 1<>2 for the 1-3 jumpers. I changed to pwm, reassembled, can't get any outlets to turn on/off. Set jumper to 2<>3, doesn't work. Take jumper off, doesn't work.

Ideas? :(

Thanks very much!!
cosmith71

Re: Relay issues?

Post by cosmith71 »

Check out the manual in the downloads section if you haven't already.

http://www.reefangel.com/files/Relay%20 ... _1.3.0.pdf

The analog/pwm switch doesn't matter, since the dimming ports on the expansion relay boxes don't work.

--Colin
Kungpaoshizi

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

Where's the dip switches? I only see a jumper.. I've verified it works by switching everything over the to the main, but I still can't get communication to the 2nd relay... So I'm guessing I grabbed the wrong usb cable, or I need to set the jumpers, but I've already tried 1<>2 for the main and 2<>3 for the secondary.. (I guess I can try removing the jumper but I've already opened and close the darn relay box about 6 times lol)

I think when all of this is done I'm going to start making my own manuals too. That manual applies to something that's no longer made :( (I get confused easily lol)
rimai

Post by rimai »

You don't need to open the relay box. The dip switches on on the relay expansion module. If you got the new universal relay box, the dip switches are on the side of the relay box, close to the USB connector.
Roberto.
Kungpaoshizi

Post by Kungpaoshizi »

Sorry missed your email, responding there.
Thank you sir!