Port 4 on relay not working

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
davaraj

Port 4 on relay not working

Post by davaraj »

I have a Maxspect Gyre attached to Port 4 on the relay box. It is on all the time. Recently the Gyre controller was not working properly. The red light flashes on the controller and the pump does not turn. If I switch off port 4 and then switch on again, the controller works for a few hours, then its the flashing red light again. I have changed the power plug of the controller to another port and it is working without any problems so far. Is it possible the relay on port 4 is faulty or failing? Can I replace it easily?
rimai

Re: Port 4 on relay not working

Post by rimai »

The relay is only an on/off device. I don't think it would interfere with the controller, but you can replace the relays if you need it.
Roberto.
Civics14

Post by Civics14 »

hi Roberto, how do you replace the relay?

my port 8 isn't working, won't turn on or anything. any instructions out there how to do it and what part I need?
davaraj

Post by davaraj »

rimai wrote:The relay is only an on/off device. I don't think it would interfere with the controller, but you can replace the relays if you need it.
You are right Roberto. The problem is with th gyre pump. I think it is failing. I dismantled it , cleaned it and it runs for a while and then stops. Time to replace the gyre with one from Jebao