Debugging Hardware

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
sabo

Debugging Hardware

Post by sabo »

Can I get a stream from the controller on what is going on? For the last couple of months, things have been getting worse and worse with relays cycling, my water level sensor going crazy and continuous alerts from my my controller. I replaced the controller motherboard a while ago, and everything was fine. Every once in a while, things go a bit nuts, and I crimp the USB plugs so they are a snug fit when plugged in. But now it seems everything is going crazy. I have three relay boxes. One is for my lights, which are MH. When the relays flicker on this box, they must arc enough to keep the relay closed, so one light might stay on all night unless I am home and bang the box and then the relay opens and the light goes out. My main relay is on a battery backup with the power check function and lately I have been getting almost a dozen emails a day that the power has been restored.

So I have three relay boxes, and I highly suspect its the actual expansion module. But it could also be any of the other modules as well, as there is four other modules plugged into the expansion module. How can I debug this to see which bit of hardware is at fault?
bmhair03

Re: Debugging Hardware

Post by bmhair03 »

Compromised connections. You won't see the micro fretting. Try new cables and some dielectric grease. Worked for 5 yrs for me. Really need weather proof connectors. If you ever owned a boat you'd know especially in salt. I'm currently experimenting with a few ideas. I'll post a update this weekend.