Dosed ~1L of calcium, possible relay issue?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
chase

Dosed ~1L of calcium, possible relay issue?

Post by chase »

I was using relay 2 on my expansion module to operate a heater in an acclimation bucket. About 30 minutes later I heard a crunching noise, which ended up being my calcium bottle imploding from the air being sucked out by the dosing pump line, which was on relay 6. I was using the RA client to override the heater relay on.

I've been using the same code/setup several months with the dosing pumps and haven't had any issues. To test things out I hooked a light up to relay 6 and enabled relay 2 and the light came on. I shifted the relay box around and the lighted clicked off and on. Thinking it was maybe a connection problem I messed with the relay cord and it turned the light off and on, also moving the housing between the relay box and expansion cable toggles the light off and on. It sounded like other relays were toggling off and on, but from what I could tell only 2 and 6 would go off and on depending on how I moved the box when either were enabled.

I tried testing some of the other relays and they seem fine, but right now it's the least of my worries as I'm dealing with massive water changes to try and keep everything under control and moving some things into my quarantine tank that have been showing adverse signs.

My main relay box has been running without any issues (other than the cord getting really hot sometimes).
rimai

Re: Dosed ~1L of calcium, possible relay issue?

Post by rimai »

If I understood correctly, you are saying that when you override Box1_Port2, the Box1_Port6 also turns on?
What happens when you return port2 back to auto. Does the port6 also return back to normal?
Does it only happen only when you override the port2? In other words, when port 2 is on auto and it turns on automatically, does port 6 also turn on?
When you say that you moved the relay cord, did you mean the SVGA type cable?
Roberto.
chase

Post by chase »

rimai wrote:If I understood correctly, you are saying that when you override Box1_Port2, the Box1_Port6 also turns on?
What happens when you return port2 back to auto. Does the port6 also return back to normal?
Does it only happen only when you override the port2? In other words, when port 2 is on auto and it turns on automatically, does port 6 also turn on?
When you say that you moved the relay cord, did you mean the SVGA type cable?
Yes. When I leave the port on auto it will turn on if the other is on and I move the cord or relay box around. When I override either port on the other will turn on based on moving the relay box around. At first I thought it was the svga cable but it also happens when I move the connection to the relay box as well or even lightly shake the relay box.

Maybe if I posted a short video or something that would help? Thanks as always for the quick reply!
rimai

Post by rimai »

Video would be good.
Just to confirm, would you be able to swap the svga cable with the one from the main box and see if this problem still persists?
Roberto.