White screen issue

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
benjy1234

White screen issue

Post by benjy1234 »

Hello All,
Im having an issue with my RA and have tried everything I can think of to no avail. Here is the issue, my screen goes white a short period of time after I restart it. So Ill unplug it and plug it back in and everything is fine, then after the screen goes to sleep Ill jog it awake with the joy stick and it'll be all white, and unreadable. This sometimes happens within minutes of a restart, sometimes it takes a few hours. It doesn't always happen after the first time it goes to sleep. Luckily the unit still works fine, all my functions work fine and it maintains my tank, just I cant read the screen which is frustrating especially when I wanna put it into feed mode or preform a water change. Also I have halogens so just a quick hard reset isnt a great option with a 30 minute cool down. Ive tried everything I can with code but it still doesn't work. Also I have been sent a replacement screen (awesome service BTW) but that didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
binder

Re: White screen issue

Post by binder »

it's possible that you are using up too much ram on controller and that causes the screen blanking. i've seen this happen on the standard controller when trying to do too much on the controller (too many addons or custom controlling options) even though you may be under in terms of code file size. if you have the plus, then i don't have any other suggestions off hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk