Temp probes, PH Probe no longer reporting.

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
titusmaul

Temp probes, PH Probe no longer reporting.

Post by titusmaul »

It looks like a few days ago the temp probes stopped reporting temp. I had thought that the pH probe was bad (I suspect it is) about a week and change ago so I ordered a new one, it arrived today. I was getting ready to install it when I noticed that both of my temp probes happened to be reporting 0. I verified that the probes are still good by hooking them up to another arduino I had laying around and reading a temp from them. I then went to the phone app to look at the temp graphs to figure out what day they quit working and I noticed that the graph data had not been updated sense Nov 6. So to sum everything up, the old pH probe was broken, I ordered a new one and connected it it reports 'correct' pH but the temp probes are reporting 0.0. temp probes are verified good.. Any ideas what could be the cause of this? I am running the same code I have been running for over a year. I cannot post it because due to a computer failure I lost that code.
rimai

Re: Temp probes, PH Probe no longer reporting.

Post by rimai »

What happens when you connect the head unit alone without the relay box, powered by the USB power cable, with just one temp probe?
If you still get zero, disconnect that temp probe, connect another one and reboot.
Does anything change?
Roberto.
titusmaul

Post by titusmaul »

In a interesting turn of events, the head unit LCD does not power up without the relay connected. The arduino portion powers up and is recognized by the computer I have it plugged into but writing new code to it fails.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Definitely something is wrong with the head unit then.
Roberto.
titusmaul

Post by titusmaul »

I agree, think just a replacement head unit board would do the trick?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah
Roberto.