Windows10 Tablet,wifi,bluetooth?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
troylong45

Windows10 Tablet,wifi,bluetooth?

Post by troylong45 »

What are my options to use a windows 10 tablet to be connected and have wifi on the ra , so i can load/edit code and have the rA connected to wifi at the same time.

Can i share the tablets wifi via the usb upload cable for the ra?

Or can i have a wye cable and have the tablet connected whot the wifi attachment on the ra at the same time?

Or is my only option wifi add on and bluetooth add on?
rimai

Re: Windows10 Tablet,wifi,bluetooth?

Post by rimai »

you can create your own agent to read WiFi commands from your tablet.
Similar to the Reef Angel Client Suite
Roberto.
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

so i could just plug in the usb in to the ra and share the wifi on the laptop instead of the wifi addon. but doing the agent deal might be out of my legue .. maybe the bluetooth add on is my best bet. what did it cost again?
rimai

Post by rimai »

No, the tablet would work just like a regular computer.
It needs to be a full w10 not that w10 that can only install windows store apps.
Then you create your own app with whatever language is your choice and open the serial port to do the exact same thing the wifi attachment does.
Roberto.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

You would need the Bluetooth module to upload code and the WiFi module for the rest. You wouldn't be able to share the tablet's WiFi with the RA, nor would you be able to load code with the cable without unplugging the WiFi module. The only way to accomplish uploads and WiFi without switching cables is to have both modules.
troylong45

Post by troylong45 »

Man really trying to get a way to have a bigger screen to in a way be a direct controll link to the controller not relieing on wifi to control it cus every time i need someting important to happen to turn something on or off wifi always errors or timeouts and im forced to refresh and try again and again or have to got to the controller head unit to do it . and if i implement a tablet to controll it it would kill 2 birds with one stone if it can direct link controlling and edit the code in the ra program and load it when im done not a love edit on the fly but edit like i do on pc and load it up but everything be ready to go. I think my only option sounds like is bluetooth and wifi attachment and just use laptop and for coding and have a tablet or just a touchscreen and have it piggyback off the factory screen. Cus i want my head unit in one place and a 2nd bigger screen on front of my stand
rimai

Post by rimai »

Like I said. Possible, but you will need to create your own software and just communicate with RA over serial port using the wifi commands.
The old wifi attachment is simply a serial to TCP relay.
If you create a simple software to implement the same protocol, you can do all that using the tablet and have it connected to RA using the usb-ttl cable.
If you connect to RA using the serial monitor of your Arduino IDE using baud 57600, you can send the commands and see the response from RA.
Try it.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1541
You will need to send a string like this:

Code: Select all

GET /r99 HTTP/1.1
Roberto.