Controller or Probes?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
mstraley

Controller or Probes?

Post by mstraley »

I've had my controller for a little under a year, getting readings of 0 on my probe 8-10x a day. Bought a second temp probe and put the new one on temp 1, same thing. I had a reading of 136 a few days ago too. Now my PH probe is giving me readings in the 5s and 6s couple times a day now too. I've re-calibrated it, but the problem continues.

Is it my RA or all 3 of my probes that are faulty or what?
rimai

Re: Controller or Probes?

Post by rimai »

What happens if you only use one of the probes?
Roberto.
mstraley

Post by mstraley »

rimai wrote:What happens if you only use one of the probes?
The 0 temp thing is how I ended up with the second probe. They're consistently different by .3 degrees F, and both are in the same section of the sump. When I get an alert for 0, I look at the other and it's usually near where it should be (seems that temp1 is the port with the issue). I've swapped the probes and the issue seems to stick with temp1. The drops to 0 usually last only for a brief period, but my fear is that it'll stay at 0 at some point then my heater will kick on and I'll boil my tank. Fortunately I'm in Florida and I only need the heaters once on a while. Right now they're unplugged.
mstraley

Post by mstraley »

So far this morning...

@9:04 PH: Current Value: 5.25
@10:04 PH: Current Value: 5.9
@11:04 PH: Current Value: 6.35

I re-calibrated again last night which immediately took it back to 8.35 from 7.7, but it's started again today. Last 2 days it started around 9am est. Almost acts like when one of the sets of lights come on fires off this particular event, but then the PH value never gets correctly reset after that.