Cannot write to new RA with webwizard

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
GermanDude

Cannot write to new RA with webwizard

Post by GermanDude »

Received my new RA+. I have been trying to Upload the code to it that activates the wifi cloud attachment with the webwizard using windows10. No luck. It times out. Comport is set to 9600.
-James-

rimai

Re: Cannot write to new RA with webwizard

Post by rimai »

What error are you getting?
Roberto.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Well at the moment I cannot compile any programs I made with the wizard for the RA +. Yesterday I was able to compile under windows 10 but could not upload. I am trying this at work today on windows 7.
I was able to upload using the Arduino local app but it does not have the wifi cloud attachment settings in it.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Webwizard will not connect to the plugin most of the time. I do receive an error when I install the plugin. " uninss000.exe" is the file.

Error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: MoveFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied. I finally press ignore and it finishes installing.

I am in administrative login on the pc.
I have tried this on several different PC`s with same result on plugin install. On my iMac however it does not give me a plugin to install. Goes to a webpage with a message that there is a problem and file cannot be found.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Ok,I was successful compiling and uploading the code by NOT loggin into the webwizard. ????? Of course this will not save my code on the cloud.
So, what could be the issue with login?

I now should have my WiFi cloud code in the RA+. I will try to connect the WiFi cloud attachment when I get home tonight.
By the way, I had no issue with programming the WiFi cloud attachment using the webwizard, being logged in.

I will keep everyone updated on my progress.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

This was the result on my successful upload.

Compiling code for RA_PLUS board

Dimming Signal
Cloud Wifi Attachment
Wifi Attachment
2014 Main Screen
Extra Font - Medium Size (8x8 pixels)
Standard Menu
Standard Menu
Standard Menu
Standard Menu
===info ||| Sketch uses {0} bytes ({2}%%) of program storage space. Maximum is {1} bytes. ||| [65472 253952 25]
===info ||| Global variables use {0} bytes ({2}%%) of dynamic memory, leaving {3} bytes for local variables. Maximum is {1} bytes. ||| [3282 8192 40 4910]

Progress: 100.00%
Your code was compiled sucessfully.

Attempting to upload your code to RA_PLUS on local port COM2 ...

Your code was uploaded sucessfully.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Ok, for the past few hours I was trying to upload a code I wrote with the webwizard. I am back to square one. It will not upload and keeps timing out when it tries to load the code onto the RA.
I believe at this point I could use some help.
-James-

rimai

Post by rimai »

What browser are you using?
Roberto.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Firefox, Windows 10 and Chrome. With Chrome I have been able to upload twice in the last few days. I believe my problems are with the ftdi drivers and the way windows 10 assigns a high comport like 8 or 12. I need a way to cleanly install the drivers. Windows is not letting me uninstall the drivers so I can reinstall.
I have a Mac but he web plugin is not there when I try to download it? I would rather use the Mac.
-James-

rimai

Post by rimai »

The pkg file is there. What is the issue?
Roberto.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

This is the error I get when I try to download the plugin from within the webwizard.
HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Most likely causes:
It is possible that a handler mapping is missing. By default, the static file handler processes all content.
The feature you are trying to use may not be installed.
The appropriate MIME map is not enabled for the Web site or application. (Warning: Do not create a MIME map for content that users should not download, such as .ASPX pages or .config files.)
If ASP.NET is not installed.

Things you can try:
In system.webServer/handlers:
Ensure that the expected handler for the current page is mapped.
Pay extra attention to preconditions (for example, runtimeVersion, pipelineMode, bitness) and compare them to the settings for your application pool.
Pay extra attention to typographical errors in the expected handler line.
Please verify that the feature you are trying to use is installed.
Verify that the MIME map is enabled or add the MIME map for the Web site using the command-line tool appcmd.exe.
To set a MIME type, use the following syntax: %SystemRoot%\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='string',mimeType='string']
The variable fileExtension string is the file name extension and the variable mimeType string is the file type description.
For example, to add a MIME map for a file which has the extension ".xyz": appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.xyz',mimeType='text/plain']
Warning: Ensure that this MIME mapping is needed for your Web server before adding it to the list. Configuration files such as .CONFIG or dynamic scripting pages such as .ASP or .ASPX, should not be downloaded directly and should always be processed through a handler. Other files such as database files or those used to store configuration, like .XML or .MDF, are sometimes used to store configuration information. Determine if clients can download these file types before enabling them.
Install ASP.NET.
Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:
Module StaticFileModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070032
Requested URL http://forum.reefangel.com:80/webwizard ... taller.pkg
Physical Path D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webwizard\download\plugininstaller.pkg
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

More Information:
This error occurs when the file extension of the requested URL is for a MIME type that is not configured on the server. You can add a MIME type for the file extension for files that are not dynamic scripting pages, database, or configuration files. Process those file types using a handler. You should not allows direct downloads of dynamic scripting pages, database or configuration files.
View more information »
-James-

rimai

Post by rimai »

You may have the wrong link.
It's a dropbox link in the original post.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6199
Are you not getting a dropbox link?
Roberto.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

That worked. Plugin installed on my Mac.
After reading the thread you pointed me too, I realize now that the web wizard is a work in progress. Overall it works great. I do have issues in the morning here on the east coast, with it not wanting to compile. It just shows the progress bar but never finishes compiling.I have to hard exit out of the wizard. In the afternoon it works better.
-James-

rimai

Post by rimai »

Ok, what time in the morning?
I have to see why that is.
Roberto.
GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

It was around 9 AM eastern time. I am in Florida.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

I just did a compile at 1:24PM eastern time and it worked. Just took 30 seconds or so. I am compiling code done with the wizard.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Quick update.
I finally am able to upload code to my RA+. Out of all my computer gear a cheap Acer windows tablet works the best. Most likely because there is very little software loaded on it.
I am happy.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

I just tried to compile code again at 9AM, and problem still exists. Will not compile and hangs up the wizard.
I will try again after 12 PM.
-James-

GermanDude

Post by GermanDude »

Ok, 10:53AM and the code compiled very quickly.
-James-

rimai

Post by rimai »

Thanks for the troubleshooting.
I'll have to check what is up in the morning.
Roberto.