Error compiling fresh dev branch

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
AlanM

Error compiling fresh dev branch

Post by AlanM »

I used github client to grab the latest dev branch from the libraries and put it into the libraries directory of the Arduino directory in Documents.

Then I tried compiling my new .ino file to support my new tank and got the following. Any suggestions? It looks like it doesn't like the header file.

Code: Select all

In file included from ReefAngelSetupAlanM180.cpp:31:
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:301: error: a brace-enclosed initializer is not allowed here before '{' token
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:364: error: ISO C++ forbids initialization of member 'ParamArrayByte'
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:364: error: making 'ParamArrayByte' static
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:364: error: invalid in-class initialization of static data member of non-integral type 'byte* [94]'
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:366: error: a brace-enclosed initializer is not allowed here before '{' token
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:392: error: ISO C++ forbids initialization of member 'ParamArrayInt'
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:392: error: making 'ParamArrayInt' static
C:\Users\Alan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:392: error: invalid in-class initialization of static data member of non-integral type 'int* [16]'
rimai

Re: Error compiling fresh dev branch

Post by rimai »

I think you need to use the new IDE.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5993
Then download again the libraries because I think they will be overwritten.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Or use the webwizard, which has the latest dev branch.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6199
Roberto.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Awesome. I'm away for a while and so many things change. Thanks for the pointer.