Analog dimming with ELN-60-48D

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
smadascott

Analog dimming with ELN-60-48D

Post by smadascott »

I recently decided to use an old LED fixture with my ReefAngel Plus and I am having some issues with dimming. Please correct me if I am wrong but I think the current of the 0-10V signal from the relay box is too low (30mah) for the Meanwell LED drivers (ELN drivers). I get no response from the drivers when the dimming signal is at 100% (10V) from the RA relay box BUT if I use a separate 10V 1A power supply to provide the dimming signal to my drivers I get full output. Anyone know of a fix for this? I thought that I may just switch the RA relay box to digital dimming output then convert the signal to analog outside the box so I could increase the current. Any thoughts? I would really like to use these ELN drivers since I have them but I am considering switching it to LDD drivers.
cosmith71

Re: Analog dimming with ELN-60-48D

Post by cosmith71 »

Those should be fine. I ran 4 of them on my RA+, two on each channel with a RapidLED setup.

--Colin
smadascott

Post by smadascott »

I am trying to use 4X ELN-60-48D and control two of the drivers with each of the analog (1-10V) ports on the relay box but I get no response from my drivers when they are receiving a signal from the relay box. At 100% I measure 9.97VDC and 30mah.

Are you using the drivers with a 'D' at the end or a 'P'?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

They were the D, the analog version.
icecool2

Post by icecool2 »

I used to run this same driver using the original RA. If you are measuring 9.97VDC and the driver doesn't work, the issue isn't with your RA. Are you sure you wired the driver correctly? I doubt this is a current issue. I always put 10k current limiting resistors which would drop the current to 1mA at 10VDC.

Here's the datasheet (I'm guessing you already have it though):
https://www.meanwell-web.com/en/downloa ... 48D&type=3