Webwizard temp issues - warning

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
wolffman64

Webwizard temp issues - warning

Post by wolffman64 »

Hi,
I've just started using the webwizard, and i just wanted to warn you all about a potential bug in there relating to temperature.
When you select Celsius in temp measurements in the webwizard, it has problems in converting this correctly both in the wizard and the code.
I used the wizard and generated the code. When I uploaded the code to the RA+, and went in under the temp section in the controller, it did show the correct temperature ranges in Celsius for both the chiller and the heater, so I was happy and signed out.

1 day later when I checked the UAPP (using cloud wifi), I could see that I was creating a bouillabaisse (seafood soup), since the tank was now 29 degrees Celsius (84F). When checking the relay, the heater was on and chiller switched off. I again checked the temperature ranges for the chiller and heater on the RA+ controller and it was correct.
I then went in and checked the actual code (which I of course should have done in the first place), and it showed that although the RA+ seemed correct, the temperatures in the actual code had Celsius in the heater and Farenheit (temp range in 77-..) in the chiller, which meant that the chiller would not kick in until the temp was over 77 deg celsius (170F).

I manually changed the temperatures for the chiller, and uploaded it again and everything was OK. It seems like I was lucky and didn't loose anything in the tank.
So in summary, if you are outside the US and use celsius, make sure you check the auto generated code for anything related to temperature.
rimai

Re: Webwizard temp issues - warning

Post by rimai »

I just checked the wizard and it generated the code correctly.
Were you using internal memory or hard coded settings?
Roberto.