So frustrated! I don't understand this thing!

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
mineman@mac.com

So frustrated! I don't understand this thing!

Post by mineman@mac.com »

I need help, serious help! I can't get wifi working or figure out how to make the controller work at all! Someone please call me before I bash this thing to bits!
EST (407)721-2894. Mike :evil: :evil:
rimai

Re: So frustrated! I don't understand this thing!

Post by rimai »

What do you mean?
Doesn't the controller work?
Is the power LED on?
I'd suggest you take one step at a time. Put the wifi aside and work on the controller first.
If you are trying to install the software on a Mac, you will need to download the version 0022 as the new Arduino 1.0 is still incompatible with the RA libraries.
Then, download the attached libraries and put it into "Documents\Arduino\libraries".
This should give you a working Arduino.
To upload, make sure to pick "Arduino Uno" under Tools->Board.
Attachments
libraries.zip
(161.01 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Roberto.
mineman@mac.com

Yes, the power led comes on and the preloaded software works. However, I couldn't do anything with my Mac, and it took me six hours to do the trial code and revert back to installed code on my sons pc. Wifi, still no bueno! I even tried RAGen on my sons PC to do something other than factory presets and... Nothing! Code won't upload, err messages, you name it! I understand that it's not the controller malfunctioning but all the reviews said, "no coding experience, no problem!". Well I have just waisted six hours of my life that I will never get back from following loosely written directions. I appreciate all this controller "can" do, but I need someone to help a brother out!!
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Coding experience is not needed and I would bet most people here don't "code". You do have to realize that this is an open source project that will take some time on your part. I would just take it slow and use Ragen. Dont get frustrated at first....

You've got some great support here from people like Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Have you looked at the "where to start" guide?

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=580
mineman@mac.com

Thanks Roberto!!!!!!!! My frustration level is back to a managable point!