Lights not on

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
jjdezek

Lights not on

Post by jjdezek »

When I got up this morning my lights weren’t on on my tank so I checked the connections and everything was fine so I pulled up the reef angel app and under the dimming all my lights are on zero. When I go to over ride I get about 3 turned on and all of a sudden all the lights reset to zero. What would cause this to happen all of a sudden? I haven’t messed with the programming in months and it’s all been working fine until today. I even tried rebooting the controller and reloaded my code and the lights still won’t come on.
rimai

Re: Lights not on

Post by rimai »

What time does it show on the controller?
Roberto.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

I tried syncing it with my phone and the lights kicked on for about 30 seconds then went off again and my pumps for mixing kicked on. Those are on outlets set to always on and I toggle them off when not using them. So it’s like it’s reseting on its own for some reason.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You are most likely having bus lock issues.
What expansion modules do you have?
Roberto.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

The time keeps changing on the controller. Every time I sync it to my phone it stays for less then a minute then it all of a sudden changes to some random time in the night
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

I have salinity, relay, expansion hub, dimming
rimai

Post by rimai »

You will have to disconnect one at a time to verify which one is the one giving you problems.
Roberto.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

ok im thinking its something with my dimming expansion. i just came home from work and all lights should be off but one set of blues was still on. i pulled up the app and went to the dimming over ride and everything was sitting at zero so i moved one up and the light came on but when i moved it back to zero i stayed on may have even got brighter. every time i tried to adjust it it had the opposite effect on it. then i finally moved it to 10 ( that's when my leds will kick off) and it turned off so i moved to blue one up then back down to zero and it got brighter. then i moved the blue to 10 as well and it turned off finally. another thing i noticed was my temp probe was stuck on after i loaded the only code i could find since my most current code is on a computer that will no longer power up. so i switched the code from temp3 to temp2 and then temp1 and all three the heater was still showing as on and my tank is over normal temp. really lost here, never had this kind of problem out of this thing in the 7 plus years ive had it. any ideas?
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

Well I diagnosed it down to a bad driver that was causing the issue. When I ordered the new dimming expansion and started hooking up the leds one at a time the problem happened when I touched one set of light to the expansion. So I reset everything and left that one out of the loop and got all lights hooked up and everything worked fine until I would connect that one strand of lights. I trouble shot it all the way up to the lights. So I hooked up a different driver to those lights and they worked fine. New driver is on its way.