All zeros on the display

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
bskidmore

All zeros on the display

Post by bskidmore »

About two days ago, i noticed something strange on the controller that I've never seen before. PH as well as all three temp readings were all showing zero. I haven't changed any settings in at least two months or more. Any automatic programming settings such as fuge light timer and skimmer on/off timer seem to still be normal. My cooling fans for example are part of the issue with the display. The temp reading tells the cooling fans whether or not they should kick on or turn off but they won't respond with the temp reading at zero. The same is the case with the heater on my system. Has anyone ever experience this and/or know what the cause might be?
rimai

Re: All zeros on the display

Post by rimai »

One of your probes may be bad.
Roberto.
bskidmore

Post by bskidmore »

a few months back, one of the three temp probes was triggering the red light on the display. I removed it and problem solved. In this case, i'll try disconnecting all three of the other probes i currently have and connect one by one and see what happens. Any other likely/possible causes for this issue?
bskidmore

Post by bskidmore »

I have a couple reboots on the system since Tuesday. The first one showed ph and temp readings adjusting. But, in less than a minute, they all went back to zeros. The reef angel plus should handle lights, heater, circulation pumps, ato and pump, return pump etc. i only have skimmer, t5 lighting, heater, fuge light and cooling fans. none of my 6 circulation pumps or two return pumps are connected to the controller. could it possibly be the board inside the display going out? Everything that doesn't rely on the display reading all still work from programming done months ago.