Bus Lock - RA*

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
MDandD

Re: Bus Lock - RA*

Post by MDandD »

I'm getting bus lock alarms every 12 to 36 hours and nothing is plugged into the unit.

I tried reprogramming it with the webwizard but it still happens randomly. After reboot, I get another 12 to 36 hours before it does it again.

These units are brand new and have only had power to them for 3 weeks with nothing plugged into them (no heads, pumps, etc)

What should I be looking for?

Thanks!
rimai

Post by rimai »

If you disconnect your relay box from RA*, turn off the power and turn it back on, what color is the logo?
Roberto.
MDandD

Post by MDandD »

We are just talking about the relay box, not the controller?

And this is during the bus lock alarm?

I'm waiting on it to bus lock again, its been about 30 hours so it shouldl happen again today
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, jus the relay box at any time. It doesn't need to be when you are having the issue.
Roberto.
MDandD

Post by MDandD »

They are both blue.

I'm letting it run with only one module connected now to see if either one of those relays boxes are the issue.

Seems like the RA* controller to me since the relay boxes havent had anything plugged into them to draw power.
MDandD

Post by MDandD »

Oh, now thing are getting interesting... If I turn off expansion relay #2, water leak alarm will go on, stay on and never clear until the rope is unplugged.

I'll try with #1 turned off and see if it does the same.

We were on a run of 4 days without a bus lock but to be fair it triggered after I plugged a little air pump into relay box 2 to test a load...

But why would I have a water leak lock with #2 off?

LOL I'm so confused. You think the RA* needs the factory reset?

Thanks for all the help.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hummm. It is not supposed to have bus lock because of a load being plugged into the relay box.
PM me your address. I want to send you something to test.
Roberto.