new equipment

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
bluwinghawk

new equipment

Post by bluwinghawk »

like to say hi to all first not sure if this right spot cant pm any1 yet how updated is online store and is that the only way to make purchase or is there another option like phone orders sorry for any inconvience
thanks Rick
binder

Re: new equipment

Post by binder »

I believe online ordering is the only way to do it. I'm pretty sure the online store is up to date. They are pretty accurate on availability and everything.
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

I just wanted to add,

I have placed several online orders from Reef Angel. Every order has shipped quickly and accurately. There is no need to be concerned about their online order system.

Don
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

thanks for the fast replys i just wanted to order off the menu per say and i couldnt pm yet lol but i can now put order in for RA and wifi and saltlity
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

ok everything ordered anything i need to do while i sit and wait for the mail man lol
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

ok got RA yesterday wifi just 15min ago been looking thu post not sure were to start but down loaded install for wifi cable drivers do i set RA to tank before pluging in or do i down load info first can some one point me in the right spot like to get this bad boy up an running thanks in advance
Rick
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Forget about the wifi for now. Read the getting started guide. Download all the software you need. Make sure net frame work 3.0 is installed on your computer. Use the updater tool to update to development libraries. I would then try to just upload a simple code using Ragen. there is a lot of good info posted on these forums and some great people to help out. Have fun.
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

ok i think im doing that now lol but i thought i read a post that said to do wifi together its easier but to late now hope this works lol
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

ok im lost just had me upload Arduino file where is the updater tool and down loads go to guide links dont work where do i go
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

bb im clearining all programs and restoring pc. com 7, 8, or 9 , not being picked up start from scratch wish i new were to get downloads?
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

duh found them at store what do i download first or do i down load everything for windows?
binder

Post by binder »

Reef Angel Installer (for windows). Download and install first.
RAGen. Download and install next. Install Development Libraries during installation.
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

wont let me do RAG now im downloading net 4 ugh
binder

Post by binder »

bluwinghawk wrote:wont let me do RAG now im downloading net 4 ugh
RAGen should have all the requirements built into the installer. I doesn't require anything else provided you are running Windows XP or later.
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

ok unziped RAGen have updated libary files do i install these onto the ra or just pc?
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

this is getting to be really fustrating it all sounded real simple plug in and go i have no idea i need to walk awAy
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

binder wrote:
bluwinghawk wrote:wont let me do RAG now im downloading net 4 ugh
RAGen should have all the requirements built into the installer. I doesn't require anything else provided you are running Windows XP or later.
I had to install netframe3.0 to get Ragen to work for me. I was running a fresh copy of xp though.
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

bluwinghawk wrote:ok unziped RAGen have updated libary files do i install these onto the ra or just pc?

What happens when you open Ragen? Have you tired to create a code file in Ragen?
rimai

Post by rimai »

The download files can be found on the website:
http://reefangel.com/Download.ashx
You need:
Reef Angel Installer: http://reefangel.com/files/ReefAngelInstaller.exe
RAGen: https://github.com/downloads/curtbinder ... taller.exe
Install both of them.
Roberto.
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

i already did the installer 2x
its when i try RAGen i get this and i even ignored it (RAGen-v110-v08519 Installer.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer.)
rimai

Post by rimai »

That's your anti-virus doing that.
Roberto.
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

ok watched youtube again the ragen i have looks different have no memory tab up top went into menu generated like on first youtube but cant find it in andrino only get mem.test wire time no generation code
cant spend another day what am i doing wrong
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

In the current version of RAGen, the memory button is located on the button "controller." Then click "internal memory." Set the settings like you want then click "generate." Watch the bottom left corner of that screen and it will tell you the name of the file that was created for you.

Then go into Arduino, open that file name, should be labeled "memorytimedatestamp" or something like that. Upload that.

Search for my post labeled "click, click, click" when I suffered the same problems as you.

You can do this...it can be frustrating for us non-programmers out there, but it can be done.
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
bluwinghawk

Post by bluwinghawk »

hi all just checking in havent been able to get full use from angle yet pc software promblem my son inlaw found so been working on tank setup but what i did see working with angle was SWEET