RA* freezing or locking up

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
riggeek

RA* freezing or locking up

Post by riggeek »

RA has locked up 2 times in the last two days. One time with heaters stuck and and tank got to 84 before it was noticed. today it done it again with the heater off and cooled down to 72. Both times it was noticed when the main tank lights did not come on. I use a Rapid LED set up with RA* driving it on the main unit. Both times the screen on the RA* stayed black and would not light up. It appear it stays driving in what ever state is was in when it lock up. I only have the relay board and about a 2 month old water level expansion plugged into the RA*. So far I have tried replacing the cable to one of the suggested ones from the RA* to the relay board.

Any idea would be helpful at this point.

Thanks
riggeek

rimai

Re: RA* freezing or locking up

Post by rimai »

Can you disconnect the water level and see if things get better?
Roberto.
riggeek

Post by riggeek »

I replace a link cable back to the relay board and it fixed it.
I have all set the system up to reboot itself everyday.
riggeek

Loose

Post by Loose »

Hi Riggeek,

What's the code for daily reboot.

My RA* occasionally locks up too; usually weeks apart but twice in the last couple of weeks (heaters stayed off and tank got to 68 degrees)

Mine will also reboot when I touch the touch screen especially when I change menus; not sure if related.
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something... Thomas Huxley
210gal DT | 50gal sump/refug | Jebao DCP 10000 pump | RO 200-int skimmer | DIY built stand | DIY 160 led, 12 channel, 458 watt, on MakersLED 72" heatsink
Piper

Post by Piper »

Any word on the code to reboot the RA*? I'm having the same issues. I have the * set up on a wifi smart plug re-booting every few hours now but would like to do it in the code if possible.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can use the watchdog.

Code: Select all

while (1);
Roberto.